With an emphasis on real-world, relevant courses and hands-on work experiences, the DPS CareerConnect program helps students build the transferrable skills that will lead to success in college and career. DPS CareerConnect programs in STEM, business and the arts are available in neighborhoods across Denver. The programs are free and available to all DPS students.
Benefits of Enrolling in a DPS CareerConnect Program:
- Explore a Variety of Careers: Determine what you want to do before spending money on college or career training.
- Earn College Credit and Credentials: Take college courses while you’re still in high school! Students can apply earned credits toward high school graduation.
- Gain Real-World Experience: Many classes provide students with opportunities to participate in job shadows, mentoring, summer camps and internship programs.
- Qualify for Special Scholarships: Several DPS CareerConnect partner programs offer competitive scholarships or free training to DPS CareerConnect students.
- Make Professional Connections: Take advantage of partnerships with some of Colorado’s leading companies and higher ed institutions.
- Do Something Meaningful: Take engaging, relevant courses that will directly apply to your future career.
DPS CareerConnect is part of a nation-wide initiative to develop Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs. For more information about DPS CareerConnect, visit www.dpscareerconnect.org.