Last year, the Denver Public Schools received a $7 million dollar grant from the U.S. Department of Labor to increase the efforts of Career and Technical Education (CTE) within the district. CTE programs offer students the opportunity to combine academic knowledge with career exposure so that they are better prepared to direct their professional futures […]
At CEC you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn career skills and gain industry certifications
- Participate in challenging academic programs
- Take high school and college courses simultaneously
- Earn college credit at no cost
- Gain real world experience
CEC graduates are prepared to:
- Successfully transition to post-secondary education
- Take on entry-level jobs in their area of career specialization
- Enter college and/or career with confidence
- Make good decisions, problem solve and accept responsibility
- Meet the demands of our rapidly changing world
At CEC you will do something real!
CLick the button below to go to our online application. Deadline for 2013-2014 school year is December 7.
Meet Our Staff
With years of teaching and industry experience our academic and career teachers prepare CEC students for success.
Arrange a Tour of CEC
Want to make sure CEC is the right fit for you? Arrange a tour to visit our academic classes and career programs.
CEC Values & Beliefs
- Students learn best with a variety of methods, including multiple avenues to “experience” the learning.
- Students learn best with content connects to future goals
- Students learn best when their voices are valued in the classroom
- Students realize success involves striving through mistakes, which are the “portals of discovery.” (James Joyce)
- Students will receive academic support, leading to independence and interdependence
- Students learn best when they are in a safe and caring environment
- Students learn best with consistent, high expectations.
Latest CEC News & Info
The days begin early for the radio DJ known as Sweet Cheeks, but she doesn’t seem to mind. As a member of the Morning Show on Denver’s KBPI, this radio darling has one of the sweetest gigs a recent college grad could want. Tune your dial to 106.7 FM from 6am-10am in the morning and the self-proclaimed […]
CEC recently competed in, and won, the Rube Goldberg Machine contest at the STEMosphere event at DU. The STEMosphere is a yearly national science fair, held to both expose students to the fun and excitement of STEM fields, and to expose teachers to new and engaging STEM teaching strategies. Popularized by the game Mousetrap, Rube […]