In Multimedia Graphic Design this semester, students are learning and using the same tools that professionals use on the job. They are getting real world experience using these programs to produce projects that are similar to assignments they might have as a graphic designer, whether working for a business, being self-employed or doing freelance work. […]
At CEC you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn career skills and gain industry certifications
- Participate in challenging academic programs
- Take high school and college courses simultaneously
- Earn college credit at no cost
- Gain real world experience
CEC graduates are prepared to:
- Successfully transition to post-secondary education
- Take on entry-level jobs in their area of career specialization
- Enter college and/or career with confidence
- Make good decisions, problem solve and accept responsibility
- Meet the demands of our rapidly changing world
At CEC you will do something real!
CLick the button below to go to our online application. Deadline for 2013-2014 school year is December 7.
Meet Our Staff
With years of teaching and industry experience our academic and career teachers prepare CEC students for success.
Arrange a Tour of CEC
Want to make sure CEC is the right fit for you? Arrange a tour to visit our academic classes and career programs.
CEC Values & Beliefs
- Students learn best with a variety of methods, including multiple avenues to “experience” the learning.
- Students learn best with content connects to future goals
- Students learn best when their voices are valued in the classroom
- Students realize success involves striving through mistakes, which are the “portals of discovery.” (James Joyce)
- Students will receive academic support, leading to independence and interdependence
- Students learn best when they are in a safe and caring environment
- Students learn best with consistent, high expectations.
Latest CEC News & Info
Learning the “Ugly” Result of an STD Over the past week in the Teaching Career class we have studied the topic of sexuality, teen pregnancy, and STD’s. We learned many facts that will help us make better choices as young adults. These choices will aid us in solidifying our future goals. As advanced students we […]
There is a new face in the Counseling Office this year who has joined the CEC family to provide support to our students through a special program called GEAR Up. Candice Neverve has been with DPS for three years and is responsible for working with students at Lake International Middle School and CEC. GEAR Up […]