Last night marked a major accomplishment in the life of CEC sophomore Savanna Garza. As a nearly ten year member of the Johnson Branch of the Boys & Girls Club, Garza was named Youth of the Year for her club. This award is prestigious in it’s own right, but for Garza it was the highest […]
At CEC you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn career skills and gain industry certifications
- Participate in challenging academic programs
- Take high school and college courses simultaneously
- Earn college credit at no cost
- Gain real world experience
CEC graduates are prepared to:
- Successfully transition to post-secondary education
- Take on entry-level jobs in their area of career specialization
- Enter college and/or career with confidence
- Make good decisions, problem solve and accept responsibility
- Meet the demands of our rapidly changing world
At CEC you will do something real!
Click the button below to go to our online application. Deadline for 2015-2016 school year is January 30th.
Meet Our Staff
With years of teaching and industry experience our academic and career teachers prepare CEC students for success.
Arrange a Tour of CEC
Want to make sure CEC is the right fit for you? Arrange a tour to visit our academic classes and career programs.
CEC Values & Beliefs
- Students learn best with a variety of methods, including multiple avenues to “experience” the learning.
- Students learn best with content connects to future goals
- Students learn best when their voices are valued in the classroom
- Students realize success involves striving through mistakes, which are the “portals of discovery.” (James Joyce)
- Students will receive academic support, leading to independence and interdependence
- Students learn best when they are in a safe and caring environment
- Students learn best with consistent, high expectations.
Latest CEC News & Info
This week is National School Counseling Week! This week we celebrate Professional School Counselors and the impact we have on student success. CEC Middle College of Denver Counseling Department mission is to provide a comprehensive, data-driven counseling program to ensure that all students have the academic, personal-social and 21st century skills needed to graduate and successfully […]
CEC Sophomores Attend the MLK Symposium By Ahmed Twaige On January 16, 2015, the sophomore class went to Manual High School along with 5 other DPS high schools for the MLK Symposium presented by Denver Public Schools and the YMCA of Denver. During the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Symposium, we learned many things […]