Mr. Alvarez’s Business class at CEC Middle College of Denver is creating a new generation of entrepreneurs, many of whom are getting an early start on learning what it takes to start-up their own small businesses. Recently, there have been two contests for individuals and groups to create business plans to earn financing to get […]
At CEC you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn career skills and gain industry certifications
- Participate in challenging academic programs
- Take high school and college courses simultaneously
- Earn college credit at no cost
- Gain real world experience
CEC graduates are prepared to:
- Successfully transition to post-secondary education
- Take on entry-level jobs in their area of career specialization
- Enter college and/or career with confidence
- Make good decisions, problem solve and accept responsibility
- Meet the demands of our rapidly changing world
At CEC you will do something real!
Click the button below to go to our online application. Deadline for 2015-2016 school year is January 30th.
Meet Our Staff
With years of teaching and industry experience our academic and career teachers prepare CEC students for success.
Arrange a Tour of CEC
Want to make sure CEC is the right fit for you? Arrange a tour to visit our academic classes and career programs.
CEC Values & Beliefs
- Students learn best with a variety of methods, including multiple avenues to “experience” the learning.
- Students learn best with content connects to future goals
- Students learn best when their voices are valued in the classroom
- Students realize success involves striving through mistakes, which are the “portals of discovery.” (James Joyce)
- Students will receive academic support, leading to independence and interdependence
- Students learn best when they are in a safe and caring environment
- Students learn best with consistent, high expectations.
Latest CEC News & Info
Being a Daniel’s Fund Scholar is a coveted honor. To earn the scholarship is to truly have succeeded in one’s high school experience. “The Daniels Scholarship Program provides a four-year annually-renewable college scholarship for graduating high school seniors who demonstrate exceptional character, leadership, and a commitment to serving their communities.” (Daniels Fund website) This year […]
Car enthusiasts! CEC is proud to announce our 10th annual car show in the memory of Rich Barton. Normally the show is held on a Friday, but has been moved to celebrate the 10th year! The new date is Saturday, May 23, 2015, starting at 9:00a.m. The car show will be open to the community […]